BMO Nesbitt Burns
1 First Canadian Place
38th floor, P.O. Box 150
Our Process is a Two-Way Partnership
A strategic wealth management approach ensures that a customized solution is designed and applied through a disciplined process, to take you through all the financial stages of life: building, preserving and transferring wealth.
We will work with you to take inventory of your current financial situation to ensure it is aligned with your overall wealth management goals.
1. Clarifying Your Goals
We will begin exploring your goals, needs and visions through open conversations.
- What is important to you? Is it your family? Your retirement? Your legacy?
- Identify your life goals, issues and concerns
This first step helps clarify and provide a clear understanding of where you are today, and more importantly, your vision for the future.
2. Analyzing Needs/Defining Your Vision
This step involves gathering fundamental financial information to conduct a financial analysis. Through this analysis we will:
- Review your goals and current financial position
- Identify and explain opportunities and issues
- Assess and explain any gaps
- Re-confirm and prioritize your goals and visions
After reviewing your current financial position, exploring possible opportunities and addressing any gaps, you will be in a position to consider the solutions that will help you meet your goals.
3. Exploring Alternative Strategies
We will explore and assess each strategy and solution identified in the previous step.
- Discuss benefits and any possible drawbacks of each strategy.
Your tax, legal advisors and other specialists may need to be engaged to ensure a particular strategy is appropriate for your situation
4. Specific Solutions
By understanding the benefits and impact of each strategy, you are now in a position to make an informed decision of which ones will best help you meet your goals.
- We will make specific recommendations and identify action items
5. Implementing Your Plan
After deciding on a final plan of action, we will:
- Work closely with you to implement specific strategies and execute action items identified in your proposed plan
- These may include developing an Investment Policy to establish a foundation for your assets
Draw on the professional resources of BMO Financial Group as needed to implement your wealth management strategy
6. Ongoing Review
Our comprehensive wealth management approach forms a continuous loop that allows us to make the ongoing adjustments required to keep your wealth plan closely aligned with your vision