BMO Nesbitt Burns
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West
BMO Nesbitt Burns
2825 Eglinton Avenue West
Understanding that managing wealth is not simply a financial exercise, we will gain an appreciation of your unique values and goals and how these affect your loved ones and then take a holistic approach to tailor comprehensive and lifelong strategic plans to help you achieve your wealth goals. Working with us is like dealing with eight financial institutions under one roof. We will be your eyes and ears to make sure everything aligns in an integrated way through an ongoing relationship.
Looking at your complete wealth picture
No matter what life stage you are at, we will create a comprehensive financial plan and investment strategy that is right for you.
A financial plan is the road map that will confirm that you are on the right path to achieving your financial goals. The investment plan is the vehicle that will help you get there.
We are life stage advisors
People have different needs depending on their stage of life. They often come to us at major life moments – and we will help you plan for future moments, because it’s always best to plan in advance.
An evolving process
1. We will meet with you to gather your information – your goals, priorities, fears, dreams, wealth structure, time horizon, and family and business details.
2. We will help you identify where you are now and where you want to be, help you identify the steps to get there, and prepare for potential challenges down the road.
3. We will design a plan in line with your objectives and provide you with an unbiased strategy.
4. Next, we will take the time to ensure you are comfortable implementing the plan and then invest your money as if we were investing our own.
5. After the plan has been implemented, we will meet with you regularly to assess your investment and financial planning strategy to ensure that you are on target in meeting your goals.
6. If any changes are necessary, we will provide recommendations to maintain your overall objectives and risk tolerance levels.
7. As you become empty nesters, we will help you pay down your mortgage and guide you through the transition into retirement with increasingly prudent investments.
We will provide ongoing advice and guidance. The most important aspect of our role is that we will coordinate a team of professionals working for you and helping you reach your financial goals. This will allow you to focus on what matters the most – you and your family.
Financial and retirement planning
A successful retirement plan factors in market conditions and encompasses and adapts to changes in your lifestyle, income needs, family status, personal health and longevity. Through comprehensive planning, we follow a structured process designed to help make your personal, family and financial goals a reality.
Your estate plan forms a key component of your overall wealth management strategy. We will help identify planning opportunities and issues and, if required, introduce experts to advise you on strategies that suit your circumstances. We can help you develop an estate plan that will:
Asset preservation is an important component of a comprehensive Wealth Plan. In partnership with our BMO Estate and Insurance Advisors, we can recommend insurance solutions that will complement your overall wealth strategy and provide a greater sense of assurance.
Whether you want to protect the capital in your RRSP, create tax benefits by using insurance as a charitable giving donation, or uphold your standard of living despite unexpected critical illness, disability or long-term care needs, insurance can help.
Business succession planning
We can assist you with planning for retirement and the transition of management and ownership of your business. Whether transitioning to a family member, employee or a third party, we can help you plan for the ongoing stewardship of the business you have worked so hard to build.
Philanthropy and planned giving
Strategic philanthropy and charitable giving are extensions of your personal beliefs and convictions. We can help you achieve your philanthropic objectives through a variety of tax-efficient planned giving strategies.
- Minimize the impact of income taxes and other estate costs;
- Ensure your family is financially secure and could maintain their standard of living if you were no longer around; and
- Clearly define your wishes for the distribution of your estate.