Agricultural business owners
Helping agricultural business owners to preserve, grow and transfer their wealth
Making a living in agriculture has never been more challenging. Profit margins have never been thinner. Many members of the younger generation do not wish to farm. Most farmers own multiple properties. And another key concern is ensuring you are getting specialized tax advice.
- We understand the issues and complex agricultural tax rules that affect you and will work with your tax advisor or accountant (or introduce you to one).
- Most importantly, we have specialized strategies to help you maximize your financial success while minimizing the emotional stress of running and transferring ownership of your agricultural operation.
[IA/IC name] has a deep and hands-on understanding of the farming business from [add specifics of farm experience here].
We can help you to reap the rewards of your hard work and risk tolerance, retire comfortably, and transfer your farm tax-effectively.
Your personalized, evolving WealthPlan
Before advising you and designing strategies that help you preserve and grow your wealth, we will get to know you, your family and your business. We will take the time to discover your needs, goals, financial situation, time horizon, fears, and liabilities. Then our team can help you to structure a business and investment plan based on important details such as the size of your operation and your livestock count, estimated production, quotas and growth objectives.
Our team will prepare a complete, customized financial roadmap uniquely designed for your family and farm. We will revisit this Wealth Plan and provide updated solutions to help you address major life events.
We will consult with other BMO specialists as needed:
- Wealth planners
- Estate and insurance planners
- Tax lawyers
- Trust professionals
- Private and Commercial Bankers
- Agricultural finance specialists
- Succession planning experts
- High net worth
Your Wealth Plan can include:
- Retirement and estate planning
- Risk Management and Disciplined Investment Management
- Tax minimization strategies
- You may have your own tax specialist and accountant – we are happy to liaise with them to ensure your assets are managed tax-effectively.
- If you prefer, we can recommend a trusted advisor.
- Life and disability insurance
- Customized Private Banking, Small Business Banking, Private Trust and Commercial Banking services
- Farm succession planning and real estate strategies
- Philanthropic and education funding strategies
Contact us to start a conversation.
Keep an ear to the ground with BMO Private Wealth
Follow the latest insights on issues affecting agricultural businesses at