Join Our Team
|The Role: Relationship Manager, on the Hougen Wealth Management Team, at BMO Nesbitt Burns, in Calgary
The Relationship Manager:
The successful applicant for this new role of Relationship Manager:
- Will manage and service a set of our existing clients using our proven process and excellent service model.
- Will deliver, complete and monitor the team’s investment recommendations.
- Will complete, update and implement the Financial Plan.
- Will delight our clients and exceed their expectations.
- Will help prepare for our client WOW review meetings.
- Is focused on delivering an exceptional experience to existing clients, is not a salesperson and has no revenue targets or sales quotas.
- Is not required to fill out detailed timesheets.
- Wants to be part of an amazing team working with wonderful clients.
Compensation: $65k + discretionary bonus to start, with upside potential in the future
- Has a track record of receiving clients, retaining them and exceeding client expectations with superior service.
- Currently doesn’t analyze and select investments, but uses pre-set products selected and structured by someone else.
- Has a finance/business background (may be registered by IIROC, probably has completed the CSC and CPH, hopefully has started courses for the CFP® and WME).
- Has a financial planning background (possibly a CFP® or a CA/CPA).
- Is comfortable with numbers.
- Is digitally savvy.
- Is highly energetic, organized and passionate about exceeding expectations, and is committed to the principal of Kaizen.
- Is excited that they will have a set of our clients they will be responsible for.
Who we are:
We are a highly regarded, innovative Presidents Council team at BMO Nesbitt Burns with a unique service offering to 105 families. We are currently a three person team, with unique abilities, tailoring customized investment and planning solutions to high net worth families. We want to add a new team member whose strengths will complement ours. We love working together as a team, and having fun doing very important work for our clients.
Our vision of the future is to consistently improve our service model and continue to grow rapidly, so we can continue to reshape and reimagine how financial advice is delivered. Our goal is to continue to be one of the top teams in Calgary using a wealth and planning focused team approach. Currently, we are a top producing revenue team and we intend to expand our team members and grow our business.
Where you fit on the team:
You will manage and service a set of our existing clients, using our proven process and excellent service model. Your role will continue to grow and evolve over time as your skills and knowledge increases. You will be a valued team member, with an important voice in the direction of the team. Our expectations of one another will be high, and we will work hard together in a fun environment. We will mentor and coach you to deliver the same highly valued advice and service that we provide now.
We believe that:
We believe the old financial advice model is broken and outdated and must be replaced with a comprehensive service model with proactive advice, sage perspective and customized financial planning tailored to our client`s individual needs, goals and dreams in a cost effective manner.
- Investing is simple, it’s just not easy.
- A goal without a written plan is just a wish.
- A proven process is the key ingredient to long-term success.
- To reach important goals requires an anticipatory service model with proactive advice.
- A customized Financial Plan is the foundation for financial success and mandatory for every client.
The way we challenge the status quo is by developing and implementing a written, date specific, dollar specific retirement plan for fighting off three decades of rising living costs with a commensurately growing income. A beautiful plan, customized and tailored to each client and their unique situation because we know that people need more.
And we do all this before we invest their money, because doing so would be to commit financial malpractice.
We believe in thinking differently.
Our very Unique Value Proposition:
We help our clients determine and formalize their goals. Then we provide a tenacious and proactive process to help our clients avoid financial landmines and to keep them on track to reach their goals and live their dreams.
Why are we adding to the team?:
- We think in the future people will continue to need more advice, not less.
- We believe there is strength in numbers and that combining different strengths is best for our team and more importantly, for our clients.
- To build the capacity for growth.
- Continual improvement is our goal, and adding and combining different strengths to our team improves our client experience.
- Built in continuity is important to clients and provides a long term succession plan.
- We want to build a multi-advisory team so we can continue to improve our service offering to our clients.
We believe in thinking differently. If you want to change the world, change peoples’ lives for the better, and make a real difference - consider joining us.
How to Apply
To be considered, please forward the following 2 pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one page resume
- On one page, responses to these 7 questions:
- What is the point of planning?
- What are the benefits of joining an existing wealth management team?
- What are the potential negatives of joining an existing wealth management team?
- Share an example of you achieving a significant goal and how you did it.
- In your mind, what’s wrong with the financial services industry in Canada?
- If you were one of our clients, what would you expect from our wealth management team?
- What are 5 single words that best describe why we should consider you?
We are looking in March, interviewing in April, finalizing and hiring in May with a tentative start date of early June. The deadline for applications is Thursday, April 5 at 12 midnight (MST).