BMO Nesbitt Burns
1700 - 201 Portage Avenue
We have come to understand that being a good advisor takes more than offering investment advice. It takes patience and commitment to listen and learn about our client’s life aspirations and their own commitment to realizing it.
Although financial markets at time seem unpredictable, we believe that diligently guiding our clients through this process does lead to long term financial success.
- We start by learning what matters most in our client’s lives. We need to understand where they are now and where they want to be in the future.
- Together we help our clients prioritize their short and longer term goals. We then make a financial accounting of current assets and liabilities, insurance policies and tax position. Our discussion will also address feelings towards risk and needs for growth and income.
- We can then present a financial plan that captures a client’s current situation, future goals, and presents the concepts available to close any gaps that exist.
- With the plan in place we present specific strategies and solutions to help our clients achieve their goals. It is important that the solutions are understood by our clients and that they are comfortable with and committed to them as well.
- Ultimately the solutions are implemented on a schedule that recognizes any existing constraints.
- We regularly monitor, review and adjust our recommended strategies and solutions as conditions change. It is also important we meet with our clients regularly to assess our progress and review the plan as their life evolves.