J. Bradley Walsh,
Portfolio Manager, Wealth Advisor
Prior to joining BMO Nesbitt Burns in 2003 as an Investment Advisor, Bradley was a partner at one of Canada’s leading pension and investment governance consulting firms, dealing with many major US and Canadian Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit pension organizations. Prior to that he was a pension analyst at Towers Perrin conducting asset manager searches, asset liability studies, and performance measurement reporting. Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit, Bradley felt his passion was in the burgeoning investment business and has never looked back. In his almost 16 years as a professional Investment Advisor at BMO Nesbitt Burns, Brad has not only built a successful book of business with a small and efficient team, he has kept up with the changing environment with numerous accreditations including the most prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), MBA with a specialization in investments, Portfolio Management and wealth management designations, and is fully licensed to offer insurance and options trading.
Brad has an undergraduate degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry from the University of Toronto and an MBA from York University’s Schulich School of Business. He and his wife Helen reside in Toronto’s west end, have two kids and enjoy walks along the lakeshore in summertime.
Associate Investment Advisor
After obtaining his learning discipline in Chemical Engineering from McMaster University in 2005, Mario was engaged in various aspects of engineering and business within the firms. With passion in investment management, Mario joined BMO Nesbitt Burns in 2014 after his successful career transition within BMO Bank of Montreal since 2011. Mario was an investment advisor that managed high net worth clients in BMO Chinatown branch before joining team with Brad. Mario has kept up with the changing environment with numerous accreditations including the Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Investment Manager designation, and his Insurance and Options designations.
After graduating with an Honours B.A. in Psychology from York University and taking the CSC, Lourena started her career at TD bank where for worked for 8 years. Prior to BMO, Lourena was a Marketing Assistant for an MFDA advisor and a Financial Advisor Associate for a leading financial consultant at Manulife Securities. Lourena worked in Compliance for over 2 years at Worldsource Securities and has experience in investment fund operations, institutional portfolio management support, and cash flow reporting.
Courses taken in the past include CPH, Ethics, Investment Funds Course, Wealth Management Essentials, Partner’s Directors & Officers, Options and Life Licensing courses.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)® (Brad)
Masters Business Administration (MBA) (Brad)
Chartered Investment Manager (Mario)
Certified Financial Planner (Mario)
Bachelor of Engineering (Mario)
Investment Advice, Financial Planning and Investment Governance
As an investor, are you confused and concerned about:.
Leave your concerns to us:
- What Trump is really saying and what that may mean for the markets?
- What CRA is up to and how you may keep your returns away from them without risking fines or worse?
- What the various products in the markets are all about and how you may navigate around those that involve unwarranted risks or costs? And,
- Despite all of the above and more, being able to meet your financial goals for yourself and your loved ones?
Let us be your investment advisors and financial planners. Our philosophy is simple – know and apply what are proven to work well for successful investors. To do this, we draw on:
As our client, we would engage you in a process that involves:
- Our continuous training & experiences as Chartered Financial Analysts
- Brad's 26-year history and experiences as a financial professional
- Brad's prior 9-year history and experiences as a pension and investment governance consultant
- The renowned research and money managers available at BMO Nesbitt Burns, and
- Professional journals and other authoritative information sources we regularly access.
As your advisors, we take it to heart that you are entrusting us with your hard-earned money, because you trust our character and competence.
- Understanding your goals and situation;
- Developing a plan that can realistically meet your goals within your risk constraints;
- Implementing your plan optimally; and,
- Regularly monitoring and adjusting as appropriate.
We will endeavour to uphold this trust and always apply our best efforts to remain deserving of this privilege.
References will be provided upon request.