Successful Investment Advisors generally come from business development backgrounds in finance or sales. They ideally have an established professional network, centers of influence and a supportive personal network from which to build their practice, and are looking for new challenges.
Even if you do not have a background in financial services this could be the right career for you. If you are a leader in your community or industry, you have a sound reputation among your peers and associates, and you have a passion for helping people, you may find being an Investment Advisor a perfect match.
As a BMO Nesbitt Burns Investment Advisor, you will take advantage of leading industry focused solutions, research, training and technology. And you’ll have the backing of the extensive resources of BMO Financial Group to help you succeed. If you’re interested in pursuing a career with us, we would like to hear from you.
Qualities of a Successful Investment Advisor
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication, organization, time management, and listening skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic
- Desire a “pay for performance” compensation model in which success is rewarded
- Tenacious, persistent and driven to succeed
- Enjoy freedom and flexibility to achieve financial success
- Are personable and have strong relationship-building skills
- Proven business development and sales experience
- Previous financial services and entrepreneurial experience is desired
- Post-secondary degree
- Successful completion of CSC and CPH, or the ability to complete both credentials within a specified time frame
- A professional designation (CA, CFP, LLB, CIM, CFA) would be an asset, but not required
This position offers a “pay for performance” compensation structure but we have a plan to provide you with some stability until you are ready to move to a pure commission structure. During our 24-month training program, we offer a base salary and bonuses. As you grow and develop, we will transition you to a compensation plan that provides steady income as you build your business, allowing you to focus on helping your clients and growing your business – not just generating commissions. This plan covers you for the first 7 years of your career, after which you will transition to a 100% commission structure.