BMO Nesbitt Burns
885 West Georgia Street
Achieving your financial goals doesn’t happen overnight; it takes careful planning and execution. Financial planning is important because the process enables you to clearly identify your priorities and focus your resources on achieving your objectives.
To attain your goals you need to know where you stand today, where you want to be in the future and how you’re going to get there. Financial planning takes into account all aspects of your personal and financial situation. A good financial plan can help you answer important questions, such as:
• What will your retirement look like? What do you want to do in this next stage of life? And, most importantly, how are you going to pay for the retirement you envision for yourself?
• Will you be in a position to fund your children’s post-secondary education?
• If you become disabled, will you have enough income to manage until you are well again?
• When you pass away, will your family be financially secure?
• Is your investment strategy consistent with your financial goals?
• Will you be responsible for the care of an aging parent or spouse, or a mentally or physically challenged child?