BMO Nesbitt Burns
1 First Canadian Place
38th floor, P.O. Box 150
Our Investment Proces
Asset Mix Management
A key determinant to successful investing is an appropriate mix of assets - cash, stocks and bonds.
Using recommendations from BMO Nesbitt Burns' Research Department, we work closely with our clients to develop portfolios that are appropriate for them. As part of our long-term relationship, we will recommend changes to a portfolio mix if their personal circumstances change.
Tips You Can Use Today
Simple Tips That All Investors Can Use
- Own Quality: Own good companies that do not carry a lot of debt
- Get Paid: Invest in companies that pay dividends - This will help to reduce the effect of market volatility
- Do Not Be Emotionally Attached To Your Investments: Base your decision on logic, reason, and well researched ideas.
- Reduce Your "Interest Rate" Risk: Ladder your bond and GIC portfolio so that a portion of your investments mature each year or two – Cash will be readily available
- Pay Less Tax: Structure your portfolio by using account location strategies
- Plan Ahead: Consider using insurance products as a vehicle to protect your estate and your family