The six key steps for financial planning success
What can a financial plan do for you? Provide a roadmap to achieve financial goals such as:
Building your plan
- Saving for retirement
- Providing for post-secondary education
- Ensuring your family’s financial security
- Building wealth
- Minimizing taxes
- Leaving an estate for your heirs
Advocis (the Canadian Association of Financial Planners) recommends six key steps to the financial planning process.
How to get started
- Clarify your current financial position
- Identify measurable goals and objectives
- Identify financial barriers or issues
- Provide alternative solutions to create a strategy
- Implement the strategy
- Periodically review and adjust the plan
Our sophisticated Naviplan software makes it easy to follow the Advocis recommendations. Working through this program, we can develop a systematic plan designed specifically for you:
- Retirement Planning is the core part of the process: the one question that individuals invariably ask is "Will I outlive my savings or will my savings outlive me?”
- Transition Planning is available to help evaluate your severence package to ensure your best interests are looked after.
- A properly prepared Estate Plan will ensure that your wishes are addressed and interests protected when the time comes.
- Tax planning ensures that you invest your money so that you do not pay more taxes than you need to.
- As the cost of a post-secondary education steadily increases, many parents are looking for ways to fund their children's future education needs. At BMO Nesbitt Burns, our experience has shown that a dedicated savings strategy, that includes an RESP, has proven to offer the greatest assurance that the money will be there when it's needed.
So your plan can be as simple - or complex - as you need it to be. It will have clearly defined goals, achievable steps and be compared to appropriate benchmarks.
Once your needs have been clearly defined, we can proceed to the selection and implementation of the best investment solutions to contribute to your goals, within your comfort level.
Tracking your Progress
We have a great tool for that too: BMO Nesbitt Burns' Gateway is our on-line access platform and an essential service we provide to clients free of charge. An Internet connection and your Gateway password are all you need to view all your holdings in detail - twenty-four hours a day.
Your next step
If you’d like to start working towards your financial goals with a properly designed financial plan, please contact us directly at (905) 897-6730
. Remember, the earlier we can begin the process, the easier it will be to achieve your goals.