Senior Investment Advisor
BMO Nesbitt Burns
Advising Business Owners
Advising business owners
Most of our clients are ultra-high net worth families and entrepreneurs. Many of them are either running businesses or thinking of selling them, or have recently divested and need help to transition from operating a company to investing the wealth it has generated.
- With deep knowledge of you and your business, we can offer assistance if you:
- need to access capital,
- have cash trapped in a holding company,
- want to transfer wealth to your heirs tax-efficiently,
- need advice on how to structure your shares or sell your company, or
- have any other complex challenges.
- We will work with your accountant to structure your corporation to maximize your after-tax earnings.
- We will coach you to use insurance as a tax-efficient estate planning tool.
When the time comes to step away from your business, we will:
- Work with business succession planners, estate planners and business valuation experts.
- Consult with legal and tax advisors to look at your business from all angles and manage your money in the best manner possible.
- Help you create a reliable income stream from the proceeds of your sale.
- Coach you to transition from driving forward as a business leader to moving comfortably into the next phase of life.