"Can I Survive While I Change Jobs?"
The loss of a job comes with its own challenges. Especially if you are the sole provider for your family or you do not have a sufficient emergency funds set aside.
We’ll walk you through all your options:
- Should I find another job or can I retire?
- Can I draw from my RRSP or home equity account to get by?
- How am I going to pay my bills?
- Am I eligible for EI benefits?
- What happens now that I have lost my company benefits?
- What do I do with my pension? Are there any penalties that I will be facing?
- Do I have outstanding stock options?
- Have you consulted with a lawyer?
- Will I be receiving a severance? Will my employer allow me to split the payments over time? What are the tax consequences?
- Do I get to keep my company’s Life Insurance Policy? Do I need to get a policy of my own?
As a client of ours we will work together to ensure you have a safety net. But if you’re in this situation right now, the first thing we’d advise you to do is contact us. We’ll help you manage your current situation and figure out how to bridge the gap until your next venture begins.