Discovery Process/Retirement Planning
: We listen to our clients, to determine what is important to them and create comprehensive financial plans, personalized to their specific needs and goals. We encourage our clients to participate in the full financial planning process, in which we develop effective and tailored retirement plans, estate plans and transition plans as needed. These plans will also be reviewed and updated periodically or when changes occur for the client.
Analysis of Current Portfolio:
- Asset Allocation: Suitability for one’s risk tolerance; taxable vs. nontaxable accounts; total return vs. income generating
- Cost of Investing: Transparent discussion of fees
- Tax Efficiency:
– Dividends and Capital Gains vs. Income generating Investments
– Use of Class Mutual Funds and other Tax-deferral Investment Strategies
– Mutual Fund MERs vs Fee Based or Managed Money
– Income from Registered Accounts
– Tax deductibility
- Liquidity: Is there suitable access to funds with the existing investments?
- Any existing concerns or issues e.g. accrued capital gains or losses
- Tax-efficient charitable donations
- Tax-deferral strategies
- Selling a business?
: On an ongoing basis, we will update our clients on the current focus of our research, including our current economic forecasts and how these factors will affect their account as well as any other matters we are working together on. We will discuss events which are impacting the markets and, as necessary, coach our clients to act in their best interests. At tax time, we will provide you the tools our clients need to meet their tax obligations, including liaising with their accountants if preferred.