BMO Nesbitt Burns
800 Manulife Place
10180 - 101 Street
BMO Nesbitt Burns
10185-101 ST NW (Office)
#800 10180-101 ST NW (Mailing)
Advising Business Owners
|Business owners juggle many complex challenges at once and tend to understand risk better than most investors. With patience, respect, meticulous follow-through, and deep knowledge of you and your business, we can:
Offer advice and assistance if you:
Work closely with your accountant to discuss the ideal structure for your corporation to net the most on an after-tax basis; for example, should you use a holding company? What layout should it have? We will align our strategies and work in synergy for your benefit.
- Help you access capital and need access to the full scope of our deal team,
- Have cash trapped in a holdco,
- Want to transfer wealth to your heirs tax-free,
- Need advice on how to structure your shares or sell your company,
- Lose a business partner through sudden death or a critical illness, or
- Want to go public.
Help you to consider strategies for:
Coach you to take advantage of one of the most underutilized, tax-efficient estate planning tools: insurance.
- An Individual Pension Plan (IPP) if it is right for you,
- Employee stock option plans,
- Employee benefit plans, and
- Corporate class tax deferrals to mitigate taxes in the current year.
When the time comes to step away from your business, we will:
- Work with business succession planners, estate planners and business valuation experts to help you find a buyer.
- Consult with legal and tax advisors to look at your business from all angles and manage your money in the best manner possible.
- Help you create a reliable income stream for life from the proceeds of your sale.
- Coach you to transition from driving forward as a business leader to moving comfortably into the next phase of life, confident about your financial future.