Eighth Avenue Place, East Tower
525 8th Avenue SW
Managed & Fee Based Programs
BMO Nesbitt Burns Architect Program
The first full-featured unified managed account (UMA) in Canada. You benefit from a greater level of diversification and monitoring that provides an opportunity to enhance return potential while seeking to limit volatility. Within a single account, you have access to unparalleled investment alternatives including a wide range of leading money managers, a selection of top ranked mutual funds and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs), in addition to value-added services such as automatic rebalancing and enhanced tax management which combine to provide a more robust approach to portfolio management. You also receive the comfort of multiple layers of monitoring – BMO Nesbitt Burns Portfolio Management Advisory Group, external investment consultants, and your Investment Advisor. For a minimum investment of $150,000 the Architect Program delivers enormous benefits through a single, simplified solution.
BMO Nesbitt Burns Advance Program
The BMO Nesbitt Burns Advance Program offers a highly individualized approach to establishing and maintaining an appropriate investment strategy and portfolio. The Advance program achieves this by calling on the personal services of a BMO Nesbitt Burns Investment Advisor and on the expertise of leading investment managers from around the world. Until recently, the services of these managers have been beyond the reach of most individual investors. Available to investors with a minimum account size of $150,000, the Advance Program will appeal to the investor concerned about flexibility, comprehensive reporting, and performance.
BMO Nesbitt Burns BluePrint Program
Offers you the opportunity to invest in one or more of seven model portfolios actively managed through BMO Financial Group's in-house investment managers. The BluePrint Program allows you to access the investment expertise of Jones Heward Investment Counsel (JHIC) and Harris Investment Management (HIM). JHIC offers four unique Fixed Income Portfolios and access to BMO Capital Markets, top ranked* research through the Canadian Equity and Total Equity Portfolios. Alternatively, you'll be able to access HIM quantitative research through the U.S. Equity Portfolio.
BMO Nesbitt Burns Meridian Program
The key to ensuring better and more timely investment decisions is understanding your circumstances, objectives, preferences, and risk tolerance before recommending personalized strategies or individual securities. With the BMO Nesbitt Burns Meridian Program, the process of getting to know you and your preferences is now even easier. With the Meridian Program, you receive the benefits of full-service advisory support from me along with the convenience and flexibility of Internet access for one all-inclusive fee based on assets under administration.
BMO Nesbitt Burns Quadrant Program
Based on the principle of protecting and enhancing wealth, the Quadrant Program constructs a portfolio that consists of a range of specialized mutual funds - each of which combines the talents of some of the leading investment managers in the world. Research has proven that this approach provides the optimal combination of risk control and return enhancement. The Quadrant Program is available to investors with a minimum account size of $50,000.
80 Services We Provide to Our Clients
1. We care more about you and your money than anyone who doesn't share your last name.
2. We ask questions in order to understand your needs and objectives.
3. We help you determine where you are at present.
4. We will guide you to think about areas of your financial life you may not have considered.
5. We help organize your financial situation.
6. We can formalize your goals and put them in writing for you.
7. We help you prioritize your financial opportunities.
8. We help you determine realistic goals.
9. Studies possible alternatives that could meet your goals.
10. Prepares a financial plan and/or an investment policy statement for you.
11. We make recommendations to help you meet your goals.
12. We help you Implement those recommendations.
13. We suggest creative alternatives that you may not have considered.
14. Reviews and recommends life insurance policies to protect your family.
15. Assists you in setting up a company retirement plan.
16. Prepares a financial plan for you.
17. Assists in preparing an estate plan for you.
18. Reviews your children's custodial accounts and RESP accounts.
19. Help you determine your RRIF required minimum payment.
20. Persuades you to do the things you know you ought to do, even if you don't feel like doing them.
21. Prepares an asset allocation for you so you can achieve the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
22. Does due diligence on money managers and mutual fund managers in order to make appropriate recommendations.
23. Stays up to date on changes in the investment world.
24. Monitors your investments.
25. Reviews your existing annuities.
26. Reviews your investments in your company pension or RRSP plans.
27. Reviews your existing accounts.
28. Reviews and revises portfolios as conditions change.
29. Guides you through difficult periods in the stock market by sharing a historical perspective.
30. Improves your investment performance.
31. Looks "inside" your mutual funds to compare how many of their holdings duplicate each other.
32. Converts your investments to lifetime income.
33. Helps you evaluate the differences in risk levels between various fixed-income investments such as government bonds and corporate bonds.
34. Provides research on stocks from both our firm and third parties.
35. Helps handle exchanges, tenders, and special stock dividends.
36. Holds and warehouses stocks, bonds, and other securities.
37. Records and researches your cost basis on securities.
38. Provides you with unbiased stock research.
39. Provides you with personal stock analysis.
40. Provides you with a written sector-based evaluation of your portfolio.
41. Determines the risk level of your existing portfolio.
42. Helps you consolidate and simplify your investments.
43. Can provide you with technical, fundamental, and quantitative stock analysis.
44. Gives you strategies for trading options.
45. Provides you with alternative investment options.
46. Provides you with executive services involving restricted stock and employer stock options.
47. Provides introductions to money managers.
48. Show you how to access your statements and other information online.
49. Shop for top GIC rates from financial institutions throughout the country.
50. Provides access to answers & research from BMO Nesbitt Burns.
51. Suggests alternatives to lower your taxes during retirement.
52. Reviews your tax returns with an eye to possible savings in the future.
53. Stays up to date on tax law changes.
54. Helps you reduce your taxes.
55. Repositions investments to take full advantage of tax law provisions.
56. Works with your tax and legal advisors to help you meet your financial goals.
Person to Person
57. Monitors changes in your life and family situation.
58. Proactively keeps in touch with you.
59. Remains only a telephone call away to answer financial questions for you.
60. Serves as a human glossary of financial terms such as beta, P/E ratio, and Sharpe ratio.
61. Makes sure that we provide excellent service at all times.
62. Provides referrals to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys.
63. Refers you to banking establishments for loan and trust alternatives.
64. Provides you with a chart showing the monthly income from all of your investments.
65. Suggests alternatives to increase your income during retirement.
66. Listens and provides feedback in a way that a magazine or newsletter writer does not.
67. Shares the experience of our clients who have faced circumstances similar to yours.
68. Helps educate your children and grandchildren about investments and financial concepts.
69. Holds seminars to discuss significant and/or new financial concepts.
70. Helps with the continuity of your family's financial plan through generations.
71. Facilitates the transfer of investments from individual names to trust, or from an owner through to beneficiaries.
72. Keeps you on track.
73. Identifies your savings shortfalls.
74. Develops and monitors a strategy for debt reduction.
75. Educates you on retirement issues.
76. Educates you on estate planning issues.
77. Educates you on college savings and financial aid options.
78. Is someone you can trust and get advice from in all your financial matters.
79. Is a wise sounding board for ideas you are considering.
80. Is honest with you.