Shane Duff, CFA
BMO Nesbitt Burns
1 First Canadian Place
40th Floor , P.O. Box 150
Shane Duff, CFA
Tel: (416) 359-7135
Shane brings to his advisory clients a broad-based experience and a passion for helping them through their financial journey. Shane joined BMO Nesbitt Burns in 2018 after an 18 year career with another large Canadian financial institution, which included rewarding experiences in Toronto and the United Kingdom, focused on institutional equity sales & trading, and investment banking. His ability to distill complex and time-sensitive financial events into relevant and actionable items led to many successful outcomes and relationships with his global clients.
Shane holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Queen’s University and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. He is also a life insurance advisor with BMO Estate Insurance Advisory Services Inc. making him able to provide insurance recommendations to help clients manage their risk and tax obligations.
Shane is always open to discussing financial matters, Toronto's recent sports renaissance, travel ideas and why he can't break 100 consistently on a golf course. Shane, his wife and two sons reside in Toronto.
About Our Partners
Cherie Ahlberg, CFP®
Senior Private Banker
Cherie has more than 18 years of experience working in the banking and financial markets of the London and Sarnia area. She has since then relocated to Toronto where she services business owners, entrepreneurs and high net worth clients as a Senior Private Banker.
As a dedicated Financial Planner, Cherie creates sophisticated banking packages and a full suite of personalized credit solutions for her clients and their families. She then draws on a team of BMO professionals/experts who specialize in investments, commercial banking, as well as tax and estate planning to create a uniquely personalized banking experience for her clients. To ensure a very personalized service and attention to detail, Cherie works with a very limited number of clients and their families.
James W. Kraft
Estate and Insurance Advisor, Vice-President of BMO Estate Insurance Advisory Services inc.
Accountable for providing estate and insurance advice to high net worth clients though sophisticated, forward-thinking wealth management planning.
James offers clients informed insight across the broad spectrum of wealth and estate planning issues, leveraging advanced market experience – more than 20 years of specialized tax, estate, and insurance expertise – and a unique understanding of the financial and emotional complexities of family wealth.
Goal-oriented and collaborative, James's thrives on helping affluent clients articulate their vision through proactive, meaningful conversations. He take the time to listen, empathize and explore options, crafting innovative and tailored solutions that truly move the needle – providing clients and their other professional advisors with the ability to implement concrete, actionable plans to maximize wealth and legacies that align with their visions.
Leading by example, he is dedicated to the community through involvement as an industry speaker, subject matter expert and author – all with the aim of improving the lives of Canadians through smartly structured wealth planning.
He work collaboratively with his colleagues to simplify the complexities associated with wealth and offering affluent families and entrepreneurs a uniquely personalized experience. Together, they aim to help clients realize their aspirations, at all stages of life, through meaningful conversations.
About BMO Wealth Management
- Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is Canada’s oldest financial institution with total assets in excess of $690 billion. BMO Wealth Management currently manages over $90 billion in discretionary professionally managed portfolios.
- Top Ranked Equity Research demonstrating strong returns on Focus List portfolios.
- One of North America’s leading full-service Wealth Management firms focussed on meeting the needs of individual investors through a customized and integrated approach to wealth management. Backed by industry leading research, we believe in maintaining strong relationships with our clients and providing top shelf portfolio management solutions.
- Premium platform that combines a comprehensive and client-focused investment offering with high-touch wealth advisory services that leverage strong financial planning capabilities.
- Team of highly skilled wealth professionals committed to providing an optimal client experience.
Planning and advice-based approach that integrates investment, insurance, estate planning, and specialized wealth management solutions