1484 Water Street, 3rd Floor
The six key steps for financial planning success
What can a financial plan do for you? Provide a roadmap to achieve financial goals such as:
• Saving for retirement
• Providing for post-secondary education
• Ensuring your family’s financial security
• Building wealth
• Minimizing taxes
• Leaving an estate for your heirs
Building your plan
Advocis (the Canadian Association of Financial Planners) recommends six key steps to the financial planning process.
1. Clarify your current financial position
2. Identify measurable goals and objectives
3. Identify financial barriers or issues
4. Provide alternative solutions to create a strategy
5. Implement the strategy
6. Periodically review and adjust the plan
How to get started
Our sophisticated planning software makes it easy to follow the Advocis recommendations. We can develop a systematic plan designed specifically for you. Your plan will have clearly defined goals, achievable steps and appropriate benchmarks. Note that purchase of financial products comes late in the process and investment vehicles will only be chosen if they can contribute to your goals.
Your next step
If you’d like to start working towards your financial goals with a properly designed financial plan, please contact us directly. Remember, the earlier we can begin the process, the easier it will be to achieve your goals.